Known as the best dive site in Thailand, Richelieu Rock was named by the French diving pionneer Commandant Jacques Yves Cousteau after his dives aboard the Calypso in 80’s, due the red-purple color of the rock, recalling the famous French Cardinal’s robeRichelieu rock, or by a Danish Officer who became a Siamese Admiral.
The limestone pinnacle in the open sea between Surin Islands and mainland is covered with soft corals and anemones, offering the richest variety of reef fishes as well as pelagics.
Current can be strong but one side of the dive site is most of times protected.
- Richelieu Rock : All Levels – Depth from Surface to 35m – Fair to excellent visibility – Moderate to strong current
The horseshoe shaped rocky formation, is the home of an incredible density and variety in Marine life from small fauna, as ghostpipe fish, to the biggest pelagic fishes.
Covered by pink-red-purple soft corals, Richelieu Rock is the unavoidable passage of whale sharks and mantas during the migrations.
Huge fish schools are turning permanently around the rock, jack fishes, barracudas, …
- Transfer to Go / return of your hotel / Khao Lak area
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks and breakfast on-board
- Tanks & weights
- Instructor – Divemaster
Not Included :
- Thai Marine National Park fees (access 500 thb / park + 200 thb / diver / day)
- Personal Diving Equipment (500 thb)